What to Do if You’re in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)
- Book an appointment with one of our chiropractors or physiotherapists to properly assess your injuries. Note: It is not necessary to receive a medical doctor referral to receive care at Peak following your accident.
- File an injury accident report with the police. Remember to keep a copy for your records
- Complete the Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form (AB-1 Form)
- For sprains, strains, or whiplash, you must submit this form within 10 days of the accident to access the “Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols” coverage. If you have been diagnosed in this category, you’ll have 90 days to access up to 21 pre-approved visits from your physiotherapist, chiropractor and/or massage therapist.
- For other injuries, or if you choose not to access the “Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols” coverage, you must submit this form within 30 days of the accident. After the form is submitted, your insurance company will contact you.