Experience Comprehensive Physiotherapy Care
We are a team of experienced physiotherapists operating out of multiple locations in Calgary. We have a full rehabilitation area and we work towards providing you with lasting results, in fewer appointments. We do this by offering the longest treatment times in Calgary, with one-on-one time with your physiotherapist, who always uses multiple modalities during your appointment. Our physiotherapy team is experienced with a vast array of injuries arising out of participation in sports such as: cycling, running, mixed martial arts, dance, hockey, soccer, rock climbing, skiing, and much more.
Why Choose Physiotherapy at Peak
- Expertise: Our physiotherapists are seasoned movement specialists.
- Advanced Education: All of our physiotherapists hold a Master’s level university degree.
- Personalized Treatment Plans: Each patient receives a treatment plan outlining exactly what you need to know about how you can get better, faster.
- Hands-on Approach: We focus on restoring, maximizing, and maintaining your movement and function through hands-on treatment and education.
- Specialized Training: Our physiotherapists have additional training in acupuncture, dry needling, muscle release techniques, and rehabilitation.
- No Aides, Just Experts: Your appointment time is 100% dedicated to one-on-one attention from an expert physiotherapist. We offer 1 hour assessments and 30 minute follow ups, always one on one.
Book an Appointment
Real People, Real Results
Stories of change, straight from the hearts of our clients.
I highly recommend Alyssa for physiotherapy. I've had back issues for over 10 years and after just a few appointments with her my back feels great. She's incredibly smart, thorough, great at dry needling and really seems to care. Alyssa was able to diagnose and treat my back in a unique way and the results have been amazing. Can't speak highly enough about her, I'm very impressed.
- Jason Ritten
From the moment I walked into Peak I felt completely welcomed and taken care of. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Jess is absolutely amazing! She is not only a wonderful human but a fabulous RMT. She listens to your needs and checks in with you throughout the session. You will walk out of there feeling like a new person!
- Kelsey R.
This is the best clinic I have ever attended. I’ve attended for both chiro and RMT and both practitioners have been great! Even the girls at the reception desk are always smiling, helpful and happy to chat or help out. I refer everyone I know! If you need Chiro or RMT, you must go here!
- Mike B.
My son loves coming to physio, not only does our physiotherapist make every appointment fun and engaging, but we have seen huge improvements in his confidence on the playground and he is now riding a bike!
- Leanne D
Hands down the best clinic in Calgary. Firstly you will be greeted with a warm and friendly receptionist. The clinic is clean & has a calming feeling about it. Kevin is the best Chiropractor in Calgary in my opinion however the others are just as good. Mike does the best massages as well! I recommend all the time to anyone I meet needs a sports clinic! Thank you lovely people!
- Sophie Fearn
The most friendly upbeat location I've been to in the city. Mike is my favourite massage therapist! He is super friendly, with just the right touch, and all the knowledge of the human body, to give a great feeling healing massage.
- Blake Ward
Every aspect of this clinic shouts excellence. Clean, comfortable waiting room, efficient friendly front desk staff and knowledgeable effective practitioners. I recommend this clinic to anyone looking to move and feel better.
- Scott A.
This clinic is awesome! The staff are unbelievably welcoming, kind and friendly. If you get the chance to book a massage with Jessica, you’re in amazing hands. She’s knowledgeable, warm and absolutely incredible at her craft! Can’t say enough wonderful things and about Jessica and Peak!
- Jess OConnor
I have been a patient of Jessica Ecclestone's for just over a year. She uses a combination of cupping and hands on treatment, but will guide her treatment method to your request (I have also had a massage where I requested no cupping, and she was very easy to accommodate). She is professional and passionate about providing excellent care. I highly recommend her. In addition, the reception staff is always very friendly and welcoming. They make your experience enjoyable from start to finish!
- Teri Stuckless
Our Physiotherapy Treatments in Calgary South
- Muscle therapy to release tight and painful muscles (soft tissue release/massage/ART®)
- Joint mobilization to reduce pain and stiffness
- Acupuncture or Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS) to release muscle tension, decrease pain and improve healing
- Personalized exercise or rehabilitation programs to improve range of motion, strength and function
- Supervision of the patient completing their prescribed exercises in our rehab space
- Prescription of supportive and protective devices, custom braces and equipment
- Hot and cold therapy to relieve pain, reduce swelling and speed up healing
- Electrotherapy (interferential current, ultrasound, muscle stimulation and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation – TENS)
- Laser Therapy
- Patient education and advice on health promotion and future injury prevention
Our Goal is to Help You Achieve More
All of our sports clinics provide you with outstanding healthcare to get you back to feeling better, functioning at an optimal level, and performing at your best.
Communities We Support
- Mount Royal
- South Calgary
- Marda Loop
Most extended healthcare plans cover physiotherapy. Some insurance plans may require a medical doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you for the appointment cost. Please check with your health insurance provider to confirm your level of coverage.
We direct-bill most extended healthcare plans for all physiotherapy services.
Physio Insights: Explore Our Latest Blogs
Written by Jordan Knapman, Physiotherapist Vestibular therapy, or vertigo treatment by a physiotherapist, is one of those topics that you likely don’t come across unless you or someone you know has been impacted by vertigo or severe dizziness. One of the most common misconceptions about vertigo is that it is something you ‘just need …
Continue reading "An Intro To Vestibular Physiotherapy"
Written by Gina Rolf, Physiotherapist As a peak health physiotherapist who works with kids, I am frequently asked about two common conditions in babies: torticollis and plagiocephaly. While they may sound like tongue twisters, these conditions can have significant impacts on a child's development. In this blog post, we will explore these conditions, including …
Continue reading "Torticollis and Plagiocephaly – Pediatric Physiotherapy Can Help!"
A Note on Physiotherapy Payments
- Most extended healthcare plans cover physiotherapy
- Some insurance plans may require a medical doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you for the appointment cost
- Please check with your health insurance provider to confirm your level of coverage
- We direct-bill most extended healthcare plans for all physiotherapy services
Physiotherapy Calgary South FAQs
At Peak Health and Performance, we offer a wide variety of services to help you on your road to recovery so you can return to your daily activities pain-free. These include Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Chinese Medicine Acupuncture, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Custom Foot Orthotics, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, Manual Therapy, and alternative healing therapies.
We offer detailed treatment options for many common conditions including but not limited to:
- Limited mobility challenges
- Joint dysfunction
- Chronic conditions
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Joint pain and other joint issues
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Physiotherapy treats a wide range of health conditions and injuries in all people, from pediatric to geriatric patients.
- Physiotherapy helps with acute injuries, chronic conditions, injury prevention and disabilities, improvement of optimal function and general sports performance.
- During the first visit, the physiotherapist will complete a detailed health history form, followed by a hands-on assessment that includes an evaluation of pain and movement patterns, joint mobility, flexibility, muscular strength and reflexes.
- If necessary, the physiotherapist will examine relevant imaging results, lab tests and medical or surgical notes.
- The physiotherapist will establish a diagnosis and work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your goals.
- Emphasis is placed on correcting the pain and dysfunction and preventing its recurrence.
- People who are dealing with issues of workplace accidents, sports injuries, pregnancy-related pain, motor vehicle accidents and stress-related ailments.
- Once patients feel better, many continue to see their physiotherapist to help prevent further injury and treat the ailments of everyday stressors.