If you notice that your child has difficulty with any of the following:
• Speaking clearly;
• Communicating their ideas;
• Being understood by family members, friends, or strangers;
• Social communication;
• Making friends, etc.
An SLP can help!
• Articulation disorders, phonological disorders
Motor Speech Disorders
• Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS), dysarthria
• Expressive language difficulties (ex. vocabulary, sentence structures, narrative skills) and receptive language difficulties (ex. comprehension, following directions).
• Gestalt Language Processing / Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Down Syndrome
Pre-Literacy and Literacy Skills
• Early literacy skills, phonological awareness, reading comprehension
Alternative and Augmented Communication (AAC)
• Core boards, Communication Books, Symbol Communication Boards, iPads with expressive communication apps (ex. SnapCore, Proloquo2Go, TouchChat, Cough Drop, etc.)
Acquired Language Disorders
• Aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria
Fluency / Stuttering
• Prolongations, blocks, repetitions
Infant Eating, Feeding, and Swallowing
• Assessing and intervention for oral feeding and swallowing skills for infants from birth through to one year of age.
Speech-Language Therapy Services will begin with a formal or informal assessment to determine the client’s current abilities, strengths, and areas for development. Goals will be set collaboratively with the client, the family, and the multidisciplinary team (if applicable). Subsequent therapy sessions follow a play-based, child-led approach based on abilities and goals. A Doctors referral is not required to access SLP services.
We’re a team of experienced practitioners so you can be sure that your family’s health is in the best hands.
There is no one I trust more with my daughter than my physio at Peak. She was able to assess my one-year-old in such a playful manner that my daughter now lights up when she sees her. Seeing a physiotherapist has also been really valuable in helping me understand developmental milestones and has been a great source of reassurance when I've had any concerns.
- Sarah B
My son loves coming to physio, not only does our physiotherapist make every appointment fun and engaging, but we have seen huge improvements in his confidence on the playground and he is now riding a bike!
- Leanne D
I had knee surgery and then started seeing Kajal to begin my recovery. She built a comprehensive plan to restrengthen my knee, which was easy to follow and implement at home. After following the plan, I was able to return to competitive sport early and with full confidence.
- Chris S
We are happy to be FSCD providers! We collaborate with multidisciplinary teams including speech language pathologists, behavioral therapists, an occupational therapist, and a psychologist. We also provide physiotherapy services for PUF through the collaboration with preschools.